Did you know? - General information
- There are over 4000 toxic chemicals in
every cigarette, 60 of these we know cause cancer.
- 70% of the Tar inhaled from a cigarette stays
lodged in the lungs.
- 600 Million Trees are destroyed ever year for
tobacco production and it takes 1 tree to cure just 300
- 95% of users relapse after just 1 puff of a
- 450 Children take up smoking every day in the
- 80% of smokers started before the age of
- Only 21% of the UK population currently
- Smoking damages a small valve in the penis; consequently
120,000 British men in their 30’s and 40’s are impotent due to
- 480 people die every year in Medway because
- Smoking increases stress: Nicotine is a
stimulant causing an imbalance in brain chemicals. A
smoker can feel more stressed during periods without a
cigarette. However relief and mood improvement is short lived after
having a cigarette.
- Smoking increases cholesterol
- Smoking can cause infertility in men and
- Smoking can cause premature
greying or hair loss
- Roll ups, Menthol and Low Tar
cigarettes are no better for you than standard ready made
cigarettes. They contain exactly the same amount of tobacco
therefore the same 4000 toxic chemicals.
- Medway Stop Smoking Service has helped over 10,000 local people
to quit smoking.
Contact us for more information
Phone: 0800 234 6805 / 01634 334800
SMS: Text Quit to 81025