Stop smoking service
Medway Stop Smoking Service is a specialist team whose
main role is to help local people to quit smoking.
We offer a range of free support options across Medway at a time
and place to suit you. We recognise that every smoker is different
and we make time to listen to your specific needs.
Making the decision to go smoke-free is a huge step. The fact
you are thinking about this is a great leap forward and will stand
you in good stead to complete your journey. Our role is to:
- Help you plan an approach that suits your lifestyle
- Help you reduce the intensity of any cravings
- Prepare you for some of the changes your body goes through when
you quit and the benefits that come with these changes
- Be available to answer your questions and provide extra support
if you need it
- Encourage you to achieve your goal
Some smokers can quit at their first attempt. Others will need
to try lots of times before they are successful. Some smokers quit
and then relapse so need to come back and give it another go.
Every quit attempt will help you to understand what works for
you and how you might want to change something next time
We welcome all smokers, even if they have already used the
service before. We also help people who are using e-cigarettes to
stop smoking or to reduce the number of cigarettes they smoke.
For the most up-to-date list of when and where your closest
course is, please call the team today on 0800 234 6805 /
01634 334800 or see our Book an Appointment page.
Our service is
- Local and free of charge.
- Completely confidential, friendly, supportive and
non-judgemental. We know how hard it can be to quit.
- Able to provide patches, gum and other products to help
- Geared to helping you prepare and manage the stresses
that can come with quitting smoking.
- Already successful in helping people like you to
Contact us for more information
Phone: 0800 234 6805 / 01634 334800
SMS: Text Quit to 81025